I'm new. What are these "greens" of which people speak?
Anyone know how to change from one browser to another? Used have Iron Sudoku on IE, but yesterday I got an alert from AOL about a security problem with SSL 3.0, so I followed the instructions to update my computer. Now I discovered that Iron Sudoku is on Google Chrome instead of IE, and I cannot make greens work efficiently. And my techie go-to friend who helps me with all of my stupid computer questions is out of town. And I don't want to not play Sudoku for the next week.... Yeh, I admit to being pathetic. Gonna go do housework now and check back later to see if I have a "hero/heroine" out there somewhere. Thanks in advance.
I play Iron Sudoku on Google Chrome every day. Using greens in a regular basis, so I don't think Google Chrome is your problem. That said, it;s easy to change browser - download the latest version of the one you want, and it will always ask you if you want it to be your default browser as part of that process. Just say yes...
Eee, the greens are a feature which you gte when you pay for the full version of Iron Sudoku. They are the online equivalent of the numbers you scribble in corners of paper versions of sudoku - the possible numbers for any square.
Greens are not only for those who pay for the membership, like saving checkpoints is. Little green numbers are set by holding the shift down while selecting the number, as many as you like. Most use the feature to set possible solutions for the square. Then the same process is used to turn off that number when it is eliminated from consideration.
So, greens are available when using a desktop or laptop with a keyboard, not available as far as I know on a tablet or iphone. Reds can also be used using the alt when selecting the number. I like reds when checking an assumption or guess, which allows backtracking it the guess is proven false.
I.e., if the guess is proven false.
Did it, no green, no guess. It had me stumped for some time. But when the bumps were found, they really weren't so bad after all.
Thanks Digonnda. Obviously the problem is with me, the User.